BY PARTICIPATING, PARTICIPANTS ARE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THESE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. ENTRIES MUST COMPLY WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO BE VALID.
I. ELIGIBILITY TO ENTER THE COMPETITION
a) Be a citizen and/or currently residing in Sri Lanka (collectively the ‘Territory’) throughout the duration of this Competition;
b) Be a parent/legal guardian of a child currently attending a private or government school within the Territory and between the ages of 5 and 14 years old;
c) Provide proof of identity, citizenship, residence, parent/guardian – child relationship (i.e. copy of birth certificate) and proof of attending school in the form reasonably required by Unilever or the Ministry upon request;
d) Use his or her actual personal information upon filling any forms;
e) Unilever and the Ministry reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all Participants.
4. Unilever Sri Lanka Limited (and all Unilever Group Company) employees and members of their families, contractors, agents or agencies are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
II. PROMOTION MECHANICS
1. Participants are required to submitting a drawing under the heading “H කියන්නේ Handwashing” in order to enter the Competition
2. The Competition will be held for all students currently enrolled in;
a) Grade 1 & 2
b) Grade 3, 4 & 5
c) Grade 6, 7, 8 & 9
3. Participants may submit Entries through one of the following methods;
a) post to P.O. Box 1250, Colombo
b) submit digitally via https://hforhandwashing.lk/
4. All drawings submitted during period 15th October 2020 to 25th November 2020 will be accepted as valid Entries.
5. Entries received after the 25th of November 2020 will not be taken into consideration.
6. A participant may make more than one Entry.
7. Unilever reserves the right to accept the Participant or disqualify any Participant once accepted.
8. Selection of winners will be by Ministry representatives/officials and all Entries will be taken to the Ministry premises for this process.
9. Winners will be selected during period 26th November 2020 to 2nd December 2020 and will be announced thereafter.
10. A total of 60 winners will be selected from each district.
11. The total number of winners selected island wide (i.e. from the 09 Districts) will amount to 540 winners.
12. Unilever and the Ministry reserves the right to disqualify a Participant/Winner if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the Participant has breached these Terms and Conditions.
13. Noncompliance with the Terms and Conditions of this Competition will automatically disqualify the Participant/Winner from availing the Prize.
14. In the event the Participant is disqualified from the Promotion or is unreachable where the Participant is a Winner, Unilever and the Ministry may at its sole discretion decide what to do with the Prize. Any new Winner selected in such an event shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
15. End of the Competition period, each Winner/s of the Competition, will be announced via …………… The Winner(s) will be contacted by Unilever via phone or email following the announcement date.
16. Unilever and the Ministry has an exclusive right to reschedule the date of selecting the Winners.
17. All decisions of Unilever and the Ministry in relation to the Winner will be final and binding.
III. THE PRIZE(S)
1. For each of the 09 districts the winners selected will stand a chance to win the following prizes;
a) The 1st 10 winners will receive – Rs 5000
b) The 2nd 25 winners will receive – Rs 2500
c) The 3rd 25 winners will receive – Rs 1000
2. All prizes/gifts will be in the form of book vouchers.
3. One Participant is eligible to win only once.
4. In the instance of a previous winner being selected a second time, the Participant will be eliminated, and another winner will be selected in place again.
5. The prizes (i.e. book vouchers) will be sent to each winner via post after the 5th of December 2020.
6. Unilever or the Ministry shall not be responsible or liable for any late, lost, misdirected prizes or for the unsuccessful efforts to claim the Prize.
7. The Prize can be changed or altered by Unilever at any given time at its sole discretion. Unilever reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to provide an alternative prize without prior notice.
8. The Prize is tax paid, non-negotiable, non-transferable and will not be substituted for cash or assigned to any other person for any reason whatsoever. The Prize shall be accepted entirely at the risk of the Participant/Winner and Unilever excludes all warranties in connection with the Prize to the extent permitted by law.
V. WINNING CRITERIA FOR THE PRIZES.1. Participants/Winners will be requested to share their images / photographs to be published on a post campaign.
2. By accepting these Terms and Conditions as indicated above, the Participant hereby consents and acknowledges that the Participant/Winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the prize draw and the Participant/Winner shall participate in such activity on Unilever’s reasonable written request. The Participant/winner consent to the use by Unilever and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the prize draw for an unlimited time, of the Participant/Winner voices, images, photographs and names for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by Unilever and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Prize Draw, all entrants consent to the same.
3. The Prize shall be forfeited if the Winner has not executed any obligations or has not met any requirements under the Terms and Conditions and applicable laws.
VI. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The Participant acknowledges that all copyrights, trademarks, logos, and other intellectual property rights in the artwork, graphics, text, video and audio clips and other content on the Promotion (“Content”) are owned by Unilever and the Ministry respectively and the participant hereby agree that he or she will not reproduce or otherwise use any such intellectual property rights, in whole or in part, for any reason whatsoever.
VII. FORCE MAJEURE
Unilever may cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion for causes outside Unilever’s reasonable control or by any force majeure including but not limited to actions, regulations, orders, or requests by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity, equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared) fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labour dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labour or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond Unilever’s sole and reasonable control.
VIII. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1. Neither Unilever or the Ministry nor any of its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and Promotion agencies, legal and financial advisors, any and all other companies and institutions associated with this Promotion or any of Unilever’s or the Ministries respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, licensees, licensors and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury, loss or damage suffered or sustained (even caused by negligence) in connection with accepting or using the Prize or participating in this Promotion , except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Unilever is not responsible for any defective, lost or stolen Prizes or the misuse of the Prize.
2. Each Participant accepts the conditions stated in these Terms and Conditions and agrees to be bound by the decisions of Unilever and warrants that he or she is eligible to participate in this Promotion. The Participant agrees, except to the extent that any personal injury or death is caused by the Released Parties’ negligence or breach of these Terms and Conditions, that the Released Parties shall not be responsible for any claims, losses, liability, and damages of any kind (including reasonable attorney’s fees and expenses) asserted against any of them, incurred, sustained, or arising in connection with the use, acceptance or misuse of any entry material, or while preparing for, participating in any Promotion related activity including without limitation any injury, damage, death, loss, accident to person or property, or from the respective Participant’s breach of any agreement or warranty associated with this Promotion , including these Terms and Conditions.
3. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation local laws and, should such an attempt be made, Unilever and each of their licensees and representatives reserve the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for any such attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law
1. The Participant will indemnify and hold Unilever, their subsidiary and affiliate entities and the employees, officers, directors and representatives of each harmless (including costs and attorney’s fees) from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of access to or use of the Promotion , the violation of the Terms and Conditions, or the infringement of any intellectual property or other proprietary right, by the Participant or any third party using the Participant’s account. The Participant’s obligation under this indemnity may not be offset against any other claim.
2. All entrants release from, and indemnify Unilever against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of the Prize or participation in this Promotion including, but not limited to, personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
Unilever reserves the right at its sole discretion, without any prior notice, to suspend, cancel, terminate or modify any feature of the Promotion including, but not limited to content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use without advance notice and to re-commence the Promotion in its sole discretion and upon Terms and Conditions deemed reasonable by Unilever.
2. By entering this Promotion, each Participant agrees that his or her personal data received by Unilever in accordance with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be processed for the purpose of the Promotion.
3. The Winner of this Promotion hereby grants Unilever and its licensees, respective affiliates, Promotion partners, and third party marketing entities, at no cost and without the need of any of the Winners authorization, the unconditional perpetual right and authority to publish and broadcast anywhere in the Territory at any point in time, for any purpose in association with this Promotion and in any publicity and public relations about the Promotion and media (including internet sites, mobile, television, radio and press) (“Promotion Publicity”); their name, image, photograph, video footage or audio record taken of them (where applicable), biographical data, testimonial, or other likeness and/or Prize information or personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof). By entering the Promotion, the Winner agrees to appear in all necessary media coverage related to this Promotion.
4. All entries become the property of Unilever. By entering this Promotion, each Participant consents to the personal information they submit with their entry being used for the primary purposes of administering this Promotion, passing on information to related entities and to enter into a database for future promotional, marketing and publicity activities of Unilever or the Unilever Group. Unilever regards the security of its personal information as a priority, however, cannot guarantee the security of personal information provided.
5. By registering your details, the Participant agrees that his or her submitted details will be stored and used by Unilever to keep him or her informed about Unilever promotions, products and news. The Participant understands that his or her details will not be passed on or sold to any other third party without his or her prior knowledge and consent.
6. Each Participant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the Participant and Unilever and its affiliates is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the Participant’s decision to participate in the Promotion does not place Unilever and its affiliates in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Participant’s participation, other than as set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
7. By registering and participating in this Promotion the Participant accepts that any dispute in relation to their participation in this event will be subject to the laws of Sri Lanka and the Participant agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Sri Lankan Courts.
8. If any provision of these rules is invalid under the laws, rules or regulations of the Territory, it will only apply to the extent permitted and adjusted as legal to satisfy Unilever’s objectives. In addition, Participants are required to abide by the applicable laws, rules and regulations of the Territory as they may pertain to participation in this Promotion.